Buy Local Walton
You Can Make a Difference!
Buy Local Walton
The Buy Local Campaign is a Walton County Chamber of Commerce Program and was developed by the Business Council to support local businesses.
Many people do not realize the importance of keeping their hard-earned dollars in their own community. They don't realize that by spending dollars outside of their community for goods and services that can be purchased here, they are supporting other communities' police and fire departments, parks and recreation facilities, businesses, workforce, etc. Because, not only does buying locally support businesses run by your FRIENDS and NEIGHBORS, the local sales tax generated is what funds a bulk of the local governmental services you enjoy in your daily life.
Why Buy Local?
Here are TEN reasons...
- By shopping locally, your dollars stay in your community to fund city and county operations such as roads and bridges, parks, library, police and fire departments and more! Without sales tax dollars, YOUR property taxes would have to be higher to keep the same services you have currently.
- Local businesses give better support to YOUR community groups. Non-profit/charity groups receive an average of 350% more donations from local businesses than they do from non-locally owned businesses.
- Local businesses make up the largest employer base, giving more jobs to YOU, YOUR family, and YOUR neighbors and friends.
- YOU get more knowledgeable and friendlier customer service! You get to know your local merchants, and they get to know YOU.
- Spending $100 at a local independent business creates a ripple effect of $68 in additional local economic activity.
- Buying locally saves YOUR gas and YOUR time!
- Local businesses preserve and enhance the social and cultural uniqueness of YOUR community. This makes it special for YOU and attractive for others to spend time and money here, generating additional economic opportunities!
- Buying locally allows YOU to stay in better touch with YOUR neighbors and the local pulse of YOUR community.
- Locally-owned businesses are more likely to utilize local advertising, banks, insurance companies and other local professional services.
- Local business owners and employees often possess a level of expertise and a passion for the products they sell and tend to have a greater interest in getting to know their customers. Simply put, local owners and employees take a special pride in their trade.